You are here
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1997-05-14: Minutes
- Minutes of the Board of Trustees at the Salt Lake Community College regarding the meeting held on May 14, 1997 regarding the announcement of the 1997 Honorary Degree Recipients, and three individuals were forwarded to President Budd to be schedule for next year's awards. Discussions surrounding the questions of whether the hiring and firing of presidents of colleges and universities should be at the institutional or regent level, then a committee was formed to look at the issue with the legislation. A list of SLCC projects in excess of a hundred thousand dollars was presented and approved. Conversations surround the College Calendar were held and how they were going to adapt dates to semesters, since the calendar would change the next year. It was noted that Julie Salma, Public Information Office writer published in the FBI Law Enforcement magazine regarding taking law enforcement classes out of the community. The Hours of Work/Telephone Coverage policy was presented and had to establish the hours of work for full and part-time without faculty appointment, and guidelines for rest breaks and lunch periods. It was announced that sixteen students qualifies in the state Vocational and Industrial Clubs of America competition to go on to nationals. Collaborations between the Dean of the School of Continuing and Community Education and the Interim Director of the advanced Technology Center were presented and highlighted the fact that a presentation to the Zions Small Business Center for use of a training from the college were discussed.
- monthly reports, Rewards of merit, legislative acts, Legislation, building plans, Educational facilities, semesters, publishing, Law enforcement training, policy, Employee rights, telephones, VICA (Vocational Industrial Clubs of America), student competitions, Vocational education, courses, Fraternization
- Local Identifiers
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1997-06-11: Agenda
- Memorandum dated on June 3rd, 1993 for the Board of Trustees at the Salt Lake Community College regarding the agenda for meeting to be held on June 11, 1997 where President Budd announce the action items to be approved or denied and information to be presented in reports. All documents set to be presented at the meeting were attached in this agenda as it follows: The Investment Report, the Hours of Work/ Telephone Coverage Policy (To establish the hours of work for full and part-time employees without faculty appointment, and guidelines for rest breaks and lunch periods as well as guidelines for telephone coverage in administrative offices), the Minutes of the May Board Meeting, the Personnel Report, Major Grants Requested/Received, the Student Services Report (informing about events, financial aide scholarships, etc.), the Academic Services Report (where it was informed that the Business Information Technology department held their Program Advisory Committee conference, the plans of create a curriculum designed specifically for single parents entrepreneurs and telecourses, updates on the Library, etc.), the Skills Center Report, the Development and Fun Raising Report and the Calendar of Upcoming Events.
- monthly reports, administrative reports, investments, policy, Employee rights, telephones, minutes, Employees, grants, Students, student projects, student aid, scholarships, Events, conferences, curricula, Business people, Distance education, Fund raising
- Local Identifiers