You are here
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1979-04-25: Meeting Minutes
- Minutes of the Utah Technical College on April 25th, 1979 regarding reviewing the the Investment Portfolio, Summary of Investment Transactions and the personnel actions list. Several proposals of actions were suggested such as interaction with legislators, fund raising projects and campus accessibility. The 1979-80 tuition and fee schedule was reviewed; an increase of fees on the out-of-State and in-State fees was approved. Proceedings of the Inaugural Convocation installing Dr. Dale S. Cowgill as the third president of the Utah Technical College were distributed. Suggestion of the construction of a pre-engineered metal building and proposal of reorganizing the school to be more student-oriented and to reduce the layers of administration, then a new Administrative Structure was presented. The results of a survey about the capability of instructional personnel and the curricula was gather.
- administrative structure, monthly reports, personnel, Legislators, Fund raising, building plans, surveys, Education -- Curricula, speeches
- Local Identifiers
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1983-01-12: Meeting Minutes
- Minutes of the Utah Technical College at Salt Lake Institutional Council held on January 12, 1983 regarding the report of President O. D. Carnahan about the instruction of the State Board of Regents to all the institutions to develop a plan to manage enrollments. The evaluation from the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges was schedule. Concerns about Funding to hire Faculty and Staff was shared. Donation for Nursing Scholarship was shared as well as the organization of an Alumni Council. The investment reports were reviewed as of December 31, 1982. A program to retrain or upgrade full-time employees and who, were unemployed at the time due the economical recession was presented. President Carnahan presented an update of the Business Building. Council Member Henson introduced the follow-up survey on students who have graduated and non-returning students. The new Chairman of the Advisory Council was presented. The Dean of Students Report reviewed the preliminary to the official Winter Quarter 1982-83 enrollment release as well as other activities such as Women's Resources Center conducting a brown bag seminar , the "Associated Students Handbook 1982-83" and other Students activities.
- policy, Educational evaluation, funding, hiring, Teachers, monthly reports, Gifts, scholarships, continuing education, Vocational education, building plans, surveys, student projects
- Local Identifiers