You are here
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1996-07-10: Agenda
- Memorandum dated on July 3rd, 1996 for the Board of Trustees at the Salt Lake Community College regarding the agenda for meeting to be held on July 10th, 1996 mentioning items for approval, reports, and Budget issues, as well, the previous items were attached after the memo. Some of the attachments are: The investment report, Auxiliary, Institutional Investment Fund and all other Appropriated Work Programs for the Upcoming Fiscal Year, the proposal, justification and structure of the new program AS Degree with Emphasis in Railroad Operations for approval and consent, the Minutes of the June Board Meeting, the Personnel Report, the Major Grants Requested/Received, the justification to change the name of the program "Law Enforcement Academy" (LEA) to "Institute for Public Safety" (IPS), an administrative change notification and explanation regarding the separation of the Social Sciences Department into the Departments of History, Psychology, Sociology and Political Science, the request to change of name of the "Environmental Training Operation: to the "Environmental Training Center", the request for change of name for "Developmental Studies" to "Developmental Education", the request to change the name of the program "Computer Integrated Manufacturing" (CIM) to "Manufacturing Resource Services" (MRS), the National Vocational/Industrial Clubs of America (VICA) Competition Results, the Budget Request Format for FY98, the Student Service Report, the Academic Report where plans were discussed to facilitate the transition from the quarter system to the semester system, the development of the Career Exploration Series Seminars to inform high school students of job opportunities, benefits, and estimated salaries. The Development and Fund-Raising Report and the Calendar of Upcoming events were the last documents attached. There is a letter attached from the Union Pacific Railroad Company supporting the Associate Degree in Railroad Operations. A letter form the National Association for Developmental Education encouraging the change of name of the Developmental Studies to Developmental Education is included.
- monthly reports, administrative reports, investment, Fund raising, associate's degree, Railroads, Railroad companies, Railroad employees, Programs, minutes, courses, Employees, Law enforcement training, departments, people in social science-related occupations, Social science, environmental sciences, educational centers, manufacturing, VICA (Vocational Industrial Clubs of America), Awards, student projects, semesters, seminars, letters
- Local Identifiers
- Are You Ready for the Computer Age?
- Mail correspondence from the Utah Technical College promoting to enroll into College on their short term introductory computer training seminars on the IMB and on Lotus/Wordperfect software packages, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, etc. Printed in color
- Leaflets, Correspondence, Vocational education, computer science, Educational technology, information technology, enrollments, seminars, Computers
- Local Identifiers