You are here
- 1949-1978 Jay L. Nelson: Humorous Memo
- Memo to Dave Kadleck from Stave Hale regarding Incident at Skyline High School. It recounts the experience of President Jay L. Nelson attempting to attend a basketball game. The humorous recollection was not seen as a humorous situation to President Nelson for whom the only positive of the experience was that the ticket cashier new the school by the new name "Trade Tech."
- College presidents, Jay L. Nelson (President 1949-1978), reminiscences, memorandums
- Local Identifiers
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1983-06-08: Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- Minutes of the Utah Technical College at Salt Lake Institutional Council held on June 8, 1983. This minutes have a Memorandum regarding concerns about enrollment limitations, report expectation of students activities. It was stablish that just one policy was going to be reviewed. The rest of the minutes talked about president Carnahan requesting authorization to place a Dental Service proposal to the agenda so faculty and staff would use the service of the Dental Assistant Program so they would access to dental services on campus. It was announced that the only compensation awarded by the Legislature this year was the dental program, in consequence there wasn't a salary increase for Faculty nor Staff. Concerns about the enrollment status towards the high demand of students that the College was having, as well as actions to inform high school students about registration was asked to be distributed. The new Student Body Offices was introduced. The Charter of the Alumni Council was approved. Inquiries about reasons why the College was not receiving adequate funding were discussed. A summary of the questionnaire to follow-up students, non-returning students and employers was attached. A Five Year Master Plan for Facilities was attached. It was moved that the Council Members adopted the Revised Employment of Relatives Policy. The report of the Advisory Council giving recommendation about Public Relations, evaluation, students placement and cooperative education, staff and curriculum development and Short-Term programs was attached, as well as a brief letter supporting the College history and mission. An evaluation Update was attached with a labor committee report and the Evaluation and self study plan for Utah Technical College, as well as the self evaluation report of the UTC at Salt Lake, the instruments and questionnaires used for this evaluations were attached as well as the Students Services Committee report and a memo to propose the review of the College Inventory System Policy. The Draft of the Tuition Benefit Policy, the employment of Students and minors policy and the College motor vehicle Policy were found on this minutes.
- alumni associations, funding, policy, Employment, questionnaires, student success, Students, Educational facilities, Educational evaluation, reports, administrative reports, surveying instruments, memorandums, tuition, motor vehicle lots
- Local Identifiers