You are here
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1983-11-09: Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- Minutes of the Institutional Council of Utah Technical College at Salt Lake conducted on November 9, 1983 including a memorandum regarding the agenda that will be discussed and setting a reminder about the Institutional Council offices elections. On the minute President Carnahan reported that higher education and public education are attempting a coordinated effort in their budget requests. A revision of the Job Classification Policy, the Flexible Retirement Program and a new policy of Employee Definitions and Categories was discussed. The "Staff and Program Development" was explained why and how it helps faculty with proposal writing and the College at the same time. The Alumni Council reported to have been conducting a phone-a-thon to purchase some very urgently needed equipment. Plans of Dinners to rise funds were shared. The Utah Students Association and the Associated Students of UTC-SL reported having gone to the State Capitol and held a mock legislative session with requests for financial statements regarding faculty salaries, taxes and general education budgeting. The evaluation for accreditation was announced as well as the review from the Board of Regents and the State Board on the Associate Degree program. John Klas was appointed as Chairman of UTC-SL Institutional Council and Jerrald Conder as Vice Chairman. A Synopsis of the Senate meeting of the College Senate was attached with Letters of support by President Schnirel for increase in faculty increase salary and cuts on budget. A student Handbook was attached to promote Student Activities, clubs, sports, the College Center information desk, the College Store, Food services, Games room, women's resource center, and other Student Services and guide, as well as a map of the Redwood Road campus in 1983.
- Economic policy, Government spending reductions, policy, Employment, Pensions, retirement, Teachers, Fund raising, legislative acts, Political participation, Legislative hearings, Educational evaluation, handbooks, student success, Redwood Campus, student aid
- Local Identifiers
- Tour Guide Handbook
- Brochure of the Utah Technical College at Salt Lake. Tour Guide Handbook that indicates the services and departments that could be found in each building of the Redwood Campus. Contains the programs that are being offered by the College at the time, with a brief explanation of the nature of the job, the program, and the enrollment information, as well as Tuition, fees for the course and some materials that the student may need. The programs shown in this guide are: Accounting, Apparel Manufacturing Training, Architectural Drafting, Auto Mechanics, Auto Paint, Barbering, Brick Masonry Training, Building Construction, Business management, Commercial art, Cosmetology, Data Processing, Drafting and Design, Electricity, Electronics, General Office Clerk, Heavy Duty Mechanics, Hospital Nurse Aide, Hospital Ward Clerk, Hotel/Motel Management, Machine Shop, Marketing, Operating Room Technician, Practical Nursing, Printing, Refrigeration & Air Conditioning, Secretarial Training, Small Industrial Engines & Recreational Vehicle Maintenance and Welding.
- Leaflets, guides, handbooks, Redwood Campus, Programs, Universities & colleges, enrollments, tuition, fees, accounting, manufacturing, apparels, architecture, architectural education, Mechanics (Persons), Automobile industry, automobiles, Barbering, masonry, stone and masonry working equipment, Building construction, Business education, commercial art, cosmetology, data processing, Design drawings, Drawing, Electricity, Nurses, hospital wards, hotels, marketing, refrigeration, Air conditioning industry, Vocational education
- Local Identifiers