You are here
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1986-02-12: Agenda and Meeting Minutes
- Memorandum dated on February 5th, 1986 with the agenda for February 12, 1986. It is briefly mention the presentation of Max Lowe "What is a Community College?" as well a legislative update regarding the Distinguished Service Award. Reports and policies were expected to be reviewed and discussed. Minutes of the Institutional Council at the Utah Technical College at Salt Lake conducted on February 12, 1986 talked about the resolution of support for Governor's Alert Program. A shortage of cash discovered after Christmas Holidays was discussed. President Carnahan gave a list of proposed bills from the Legislature, among them the governance of the Skills Center was questioned and another one that would put the Board of Regents into the State Constitution. Discussion arise when the Regents approved and recommend giving a honorary degree as a substitute for Distinguished Service Award. The job Expo to invite bussiness and industries to informally meet with the students was announced. The Employment of Relatives Policy, Quarterly New Hire Report and the Monthly Development Report were reviewed and attached. Exhibits giving the Jim Schnirel Statement for the shortage of cash, Recipients of Awards at Previous UTC-SL Commencements and a Job Expo Report can be found at the end of the document. The accomplishments for 1985, Education related bills of 1986, a memorandum about the Honorary Degrees, the "Employment of relatives" policy are attached.
- monthly reports, administrative reports, legislative acts, Programs, resolutions, Scarcity, Criminal investigations, university and college buildings, Awards, Employment, work-related events, student aid, Student life and customs
- Local Identifiers
- SLCC Student Newspapers 2021-10-18
- The Globe, October 18, 2021, Online Edition. Written by : Pearl Ashton, Alexie Zollinger and Derrick Tuff.
- student projects, LGBTQ+, Events, diversity, gender identity, Gender and Sexuality Student Resource Center (GSSRC), Labor supply, Absenteeism (Labor), food, Food industry, Food supply, Scarcity, Employment, campuses, crime prevention, Victims of crimes, Safety, Students
- Local Identifiers