You are here
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1996-10-09: Agenda
- Memorandum dated on October 1st, 1996 for the Board of Trustees at the Salt Lake Community College regarding the agenda for meeting to be held on October 19th, 1996 where College President Budd informs about some of the items to approve and a couple of proposed administrative changes. Attached are the some of the documents that were discussed at the meeting and they are as follow: The Investment report, Katherine Boswell's Request for leave absence (with a positive recommendation and the formal letter of Katherine Boswell), the minutes of the September Board Meeting, Personnel Report, Major Grants Requested/Received, the change of name of the program "Computer Graphics Specialization Associate of Applied Science Degree" to "Multi Media Specialization Associate of Applied Science Degree" and the change of name of the "Graphic Design Department " to the "Visual Art and Design Department", the Academic Services Report (reports on some of the workshop that the Interpreter Training Program participated, the introduction of a new computer software referred to as CALL (Computer Assisted Language Learning) for on-line language learning, some programming courses that were being offered to the public, etc), the New Faculty Biographies, as well as the Student Report and the Calendar of Upcoming Events. It was mention that a lease agreement with the City of Salt Lake for the property located at the Airport International Center and the intent of lease for the Railroad program. At the end it attached a form to participate in the new campus naming.
- monthly reports, administrative reports, investments, Absenteeism (Labor), Employees, grants, Programs, computer science, multimedia, departments, Graphic design, student projects, Educational events, Sign language, computer programming, Teachers, biographies, Events, Lease & rental services, campuses
- Local Identifiers
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1996-10-09: Minutes
- Minutes of the Board of Trustees at the Salt Lake Community College regarding the meeting held on October 9th, 1996 where President Budd asked the report on the new campus naming, and stressed to proceed with caution, since it's a potential political event. The drainage system agreement with the UDOT for the new campus was discussed. It was reported that the College proposes to lease property from the Salt Lake City Corporation which is located at the Airport International Center. President Budd stated that he would proceed to open her position as Assistant to the President at SLCC since it won't be possible to wait the come back of Katherine Boswell after request the two-year leave of absence from the college. Plans to discussed at the retreat of the Board of Trustees were shared and emphasis was put on positioning the Business Building as priority. President Budd expressed the importance to put thought into Faculty selection, then requested for their resumes to be showed. It was communicated that the Small Business Association required that the Utah Business Resource Network had a host, and that the Salt Lake Community College was chosen as such.
- administrative reports, monthly reports, campuses, political events, sanitary drainage systems, Lease & rental services, leases, Employees, assistants, retreats, Teachers, Teachers colleges, hiring, business, small business, Organizations
- Local Identifiers