You are here
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1999-02-10: Agenda
- Memorandum dated on February 2nd, 1999, for the Board of Trustees at the Salt Lake Community College regarding the agenda for meeting to be held on February 10th, 1999, where President Budd announces the action items to be approved or denied and information to be presented in reports. All documents set to be presented at the meeting were attached in this agenda as it follows: Investment Report, the Minutes of the Previous Meeting, Personnel Report, the Major Grants Requested/Received, the Legislative and Budget Update (Presents the 1999-00 Budget Request Summary), Zion's Bank Resolution (Authorizations of people who can act on behalf of the College with Zions Bank), Common Fund Resolution (A certification for a Membership in and Investment with the Common Fund), Capital Facilities Request Update (Includes the Project Summary of the Applied Education Center Property Purchase and Remodel), the Y2K Update (Year 2000 Compliancy update. Report of readiness for the coming challenges of the year 2000 and reports improvements made in the area of PC computers. Gives a small report on Facilities, mainframe systems, network servers and infrastructure and contingency plans), the Student Services Report (Reports events, the SLCCSA election for Student Office, the changes of Student I.D.'s. IT announces the new logo of the club "Hispanos Unidos" and updates on the Athletics teams among other events), the Alumni Council Report, the Academic Services Report (Announcing that the College is participating in a series of statewide articulation meetings. It reports that seven SLCC students had received national recognition from the National Collegiate Education Association (NCEA). It reports that the SLCC had responded several queries on curriculum, resources, facilities and faculty skills as a petition of the Hill Air Force Base regarding Avionics and Aircraft Maintenance), the Sabbatical Leave Report (Has the 1997-98 Approved Sabbatical Leave Proposals, that includes personnel, and reasons of absence. It has letters of motives and activities done during sabbatical leave from Marilyn Nowell-Bown, Spencer Adams, John S. McCormick, Nicole Stansbury and Sheila Walcott Chambers), the Skills Center Report (has the description of the Telemetry Technician course to monitor cardiac patients and report problems to nurses or the doctors), the Development and Fund-Raising Report and the Calendar of Up-coming Events.
- monthly reports, administrative reports, Economic policy, legislative acts, banks, legal functions, funding agencies, Fund raising, legal documents, building plans, Educational facilities, condition reports, technical reports, equipment for science and technology, elections, student projects, Student life and customs, sports, Programs, Absenteeism (Labor), Health education, Cardiovascular system
- Local Identifiers
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1999-03-10: Minutes
- Minutes of the Board of Trustees meeting at the Salt Lake Community College regarding the meeting held on March 10th, 1999, where the recipients of the Honorary Doctorate Degree were announced. April Rowe was introduced as the new Student Body President for 1999-2000. The Tuition and Fee schedule was discussed, and the meeting agreed on a fee increase. The legislative Actions and Summary were discussed, as well, concerns were shared regarding the amount of money given by the legislature and the dramatical rise in health insurance and salary increase. It was shared that SLCC also received some operation and maintenance (O&M) money for the South City Campus Annex and Governor's help was asked to support to build Applied Technology Centers in the Valley. An evaluation to obtain the Northwest Accreditation was going to be performed on April 19-20th and concerns about adjunct faculty vs. full time faculty ratio called the attention to the meeting. The date for the Student Body Officers inauguration and groundbreaking for the new Student Activities Building was announced.
- administrative reports, monthly reports, appointments, student services, tuition, fees, legislative acts, Economic policy, Health insurance, Wage-price policy, Fund raising, accreditation, Educational evaluation, Teachers, inaugurations
- Local Identifiers
- SLCC Board of Trustees 1999-04-14: Agenda
- Memorandum dated on April 5th, 1999, for the Board of Trustees at the Salt Lake Community College regarding the agenda for meeting to be held on April 14th, 1999, where President Budd announces the action items to be approved or denied and information to be presented in reports. All documents set to be presented at the meeting were attached in this agenda as it follows : Investment Report, Minutes of the Previous Meeting, Personnel Report, the Major Grants Requested/Received, the Faculty Senate Constitution (as of 1997-98), the Student Services Report (reporting activities, events of the Native American Student Association, the African American Awareness Association, the Hispanic Student Council were shared, as well as, the Disability Awareness Week, etc.), the Alumni Council Report, the Academic Services Report (It was announced that the SLCC's Advances Technology Center would offer short-term, non-credit courses for adults working in telecommunications industry. It communicates that all departments in the Division of Computational Science and Education recently upgraded their web pages with materials for student access. It was reported that the Apprenticeship area in Higher Education received a one-time funding for program statewide.), the Sabbatical Leaves (includes the school, personnel and reasons of leaving), the Skills Center Report (It was announced that the Center would be offering a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Program and has a document with the programs-projects done with Industry (PWI) Grant), the Development and Fund-Raising Report and the Calendar of Upcoming Events.
- monthly reports, administrative reports, Teachers, Constitutions, administrative regulations, Telecommunications industry, Programs, student aid, Student life and customs, Student organizations, student projects, Fund raising, apprenticeship, Absenteeism (Labor), certification, Computers, Educational technology
- Local Identifiers