You are here
- Non-destructive Testing
- The non-destructive testing program offers students the opportunity for a career in a progressive new field with many diverse job opportunities and excellent entry-level salaries. Non-destructive testing involves the examination of an object in any manner that will not impair its future usefulness. The six major NDT methods, radiography, ultrasonics, eddy current, magnetic particle, liquid penetrant and visual inspection, are used in a variety of industries including aerospace, petro-chemical, automotive, metals, non-metals, nuclear, marine, electronics, construction, aircraft, materials joining, utilities and many others. Students learn to perform the basic testing techniques on both metals and non-metals, such as synthetics and composites, as well as how to evaluate results and write final reports. Learning will be enhanced through field trips to area businesses and presentations by guest speakers. During the first two semesters in NDT, the training will focus on basic manufacturing and materials-joining processes, including visual inspection, magnetic particles and liquid penetrant techniques. The third and fourth semesters will include eddy current, radiography and ultrasonics. The third and fourth semesters are dedicated to advanced study of these testing methods as well as computer application in NDT.
- Salt Lake Community College, degrees, vocational training, Vocational education, Engineering, analysis and testing techniques, nondestructive testing, testing equipment, Occupations, science and related disciplines
- Local Identifier
- Westpointe Center Student Services Building SLCC
- Photo of the Westpointe Center SLCC campus, Student Services Building (SSB). Located at 2150 West Dauntless Ave., Salt Lake City, UT 84116. Strategically located in Salt Lake City’s industrial Northwest Quadrant, Salt Lake Community College’s Westpointe Workforce Training & Education Center will be integral to the Wasatch Front’s long-term economic vitality. This vibrant new facility will support the community’s training needs in a flexible, high-quality space that will benefit business, industry and the surrounding community for decades. It will allow SLCC to fulfill its mission as Salt Lake County’s primary post-secondary provider of workforce education. The 121,000-square-foot building will provide space for collaboration with industry partners in multiple fields and will provide students interested in technical careers with a one-of-a-kind, one-stop educational center. For more information about the Westpointe Workforce Training & Education Center, see the information sheet. SLCC is the primary post-secondary provider of career and technical education in Salt Lake County.
- Salt Lake Community College, Students, adult education, Education, academics, technology, Mechanical Technology, Westpointe Center, Engineering, Welding, Solar energy, photovoltaic cells, diesel engines, Mechanical Technology, Vocational education
- Local Identifier